What are peptides?
Peptides are a type of amino acid and a major building block that make vital proteins in the skin. This protein ensures skin stays healthy, firm, and plump. The most commonly known proteins found in the skin are collagen, keratin, and elastin.
How are peptides good for your skin?
Peptides play a very important role in signaling the skin to repair itself. It sends messages that tell the skin to produce collagen which in turn leaves skin firmer, plumper, and overall younger. Therefore, more peptides within the skin mean more collagen which allows for a healthier and stronger skin barrier.
The production of collagen within our skin starts to decline with age, and environmental stressors such as sun damage, hot and cold temperatures. Collagen is a vital protein in the skin that ensures your skin stays plump, firm, and maintains its elasticity.
- Leaves skin feeling firmer, stronger, plump, and firm, and younger-looking skin reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- Signals your skin to repair itself
- Boost collagen production
- Strengthens skin barrier
Peptides for ageing skin
Similar to other popular antiageing skincare ingredients like collagen, retinol, hyaluronic acid, vitamin C, ceramides, and glycolic acid. Peptides are a great ingredient to look for and to include in your skincare routine. It will improve your skin with anti-aging!
How do you to use peptides in your skincare routine?
- Peptides can be found in many skin care products like cleansers, serums, eye creams, and moisturisers.
- Results can be seen from peptides if used on a regular basis in your skincare routine. Peptides absorb and penetrate easily into the skin.
- For a higher concentration of peptides opt for a serum or moisturiser. This will allow for it to deeply penetrate into your skin.
- Ensure you are consistent yet patient with your skincare routine and use peptide-rich products regularly. They can be used every day however remember that results from using anti-aging ingredients won’t be seen overnight. Your skin will slowly increase collagen production and your skin will benefit from it.
Who can use it?
Peptide-rich skincare products can be used by all skin types, even those with sensitive skin.